Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

THE CURIOUS COMMUNICATION...

As I was walking through the park, I saw a butterfly; a totally unique, and very colorful butterfly, which intrigued me and piqued my curiosity, so, I followed it...

It was a tough following, for there were times when it would suddenly disappear. I would stop to check my bearings, and almost turn around to head back from where I came, and there it would be again. It was as if it were playing with my mind...

Off it would go, me in pursuit, for what gain I had not a clue, I was simply mesmerized by its size and its many colors. I had never seen a butterfly such as this, and being the curious person I am, I had to find out more about it...

It was leading me into the depths of the woods. I could feel the change in the temperature, which was cool and damp like. I do not like being in the woods alone, but, I am fairly familiar with the area so felt somewhat safe, though a lingering something kept signalling me to abort the chase. I did not pay attention, as I wanted to see where this amazing creature was headed, and to see what it did along the way...

It seemed to like trees a lot, it would land on dark barked trees and sit there for a few moments at a time, almost transfixed. I could not figure out why, but, when it landed, I stopped far enough away so as not to frighten it, and just watched it as it became very passive. I could not see if it was taking in some substance from the bark or what, it just seemed very happy to have found some. Also, it would land on certain wildflowers throughout the flight. These I could see it was taking in the nectar, and it was much more busy than when on the trees...

This butterfly was about 5 inches wide and the colors were phenomenal, like royal blue, violet, white, and lighter shades of blue, white, and then some black markings. It was regal and just perfectly designed. I wished I could catch it, but, I do not believe in trapping anything, or taking it out of its environment. The life of the wild is with purpose and their habitat is essential to their existence, plus, taking such a creature would surely lessen its life...

Oh no, it is night! I had not even noticed that the Sun had gone down, so busy was I on the chase. Now I am afraid. I am also disoriented, as in the dark, nothing looks the same or familiar to me. I see the butterfly resting on a leaf of some sort and wish I could rely on it for help, but, no, that is not possible...

All of a sudden, the butterfly flies right into my face. It hits me rather hard. I jump back, startled, but mostly hope it did not hurt itself. In doing so, I tell you, I saw its eyes looking steadfast into mine, as if trying to communicate. I feel like I am losing it...

It hits me again. I wonder if it is blinded in the dark, I wouldn't know, as I never thought of such before, but, it was a possibility. I watched it as it circled around me, and then hit me again. What the???

It looked me in the eye again, only this time it took off, which spun me around in the opposite direction. I followed of course, there was something going on here. I was so fascinated by the actions of the butterfly that I forgot my dilemma. I followed and followed. There was no more stopping to sit on trees, leaves, or flowers, it just flitted forward at a good and steady speed, with me close behind....

Next thing I know, I am back where I had started from. Free from the dark and frightening confusion of the night forest. My car was parked nearby, and as I looked for the butterfly, I saw that it was behind me ready to re-enter the forest, but, seemed to be making sure that I headed in the opposite direction, which indeed I did. I will never forget that butterfly, and I hope that I see it once more in life so I can somehow, thank it...

No comments: