Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

HEAD OUT ON THE HIGHWAY...















I remember so many drives along this highway, and nearby ones when I lived in the West. So many trips to different destinations, some for the day, some for the weekend, some for longer...

Recalling the drives to such places, I can still sense the seemingly haunting emptiness along the roads. Though there were other travellers, there were not many, which is always strange to us who are used to cities. It was peaceful, though it pulled at something inside which reminded me of loneliness. Still, I was too wrapped up in the engulfing beauty to linger upon such thoughts or feelings, I merely remember them...

I have lived in most of the Western states, and have travelled them frequently, as it was part of my lifestyle back then, and most of the people I knew loved to explore the terrain as much as I do. Wyoming is breathtakingly gorgeous, as are Nevada, Utah, and California. Arizona, and New Mexico also have their own brand of interest...

The colors of the Western states are magnificent; red, orange, browns, tans, with spots of green here, and there. The skies are fiery perfection in the early morning, and dusky evenings; the night skies are alight with brilliant constellations and more, clearly visible to the naked eye. Ah, how I miss scanning the skies, it was an adventure of astronomical proportions...

Such fun and excitement came with each road trip. I have even done a few 'runs' on Harley's along such roads as this, which was exhilarating. I thought for a long time that I would live my life out travelling in this way, exploring new terrain, new states, plateaus, mountains, valleys, deserts, rocks, and such, and I surely spent many years playing the wanderlust, but, I moved to the ocean, found a new love in that liquid scenery, and then was transplanted far away from the places I so grew to love, places which were actually within my soul long before I touched them with my Earthly being...

Understand, I have no regrets about the roads which have led me away from the highways of yesterday, but, when I see such photos of those places, my spirit longs to get your motor running, head out on the highway, looking for adventure, in whatever comes our way; like a true nature's child, we were born, born to be wild, we can climb so high, I never want to die, oh, born to be wild...

I guess I am a restless spirit on an endless flight, and when my wings are grounded, I am not living to full soar...

No comments: