Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

GOTH HOOD

There were dark people everywhere, and, I am not talking dark skinned. There were people from the darkness, walking in the streets, their eyes cold and hauntingly diverted, though they looked right at me. I could sense a chill in the air... Everyone was dressed in black, hair was black, lips were black, nails were black, jewelry was black, tattoos were black, piercings were black.... It was strange. I wear black a lot, always have, I think that it is a sexy color, but, to see everything in black is well, over-black... Long, flowing coats, short, soft leather, chains, and pointy boots... The music I heard was heavy, it was profound, it was Sayers of the truth, the truth of the darkest thoughts known to man. Couples were without emotion or expression. It made me wonder if in contrast, behind their black doors, with the black lights on, if they were wildly passionate. I choose to think that they are. It would shed some warmth on the world of these people who have, in statement, in their rebel ways, decided that life is worth mourning, forever and ever. I felt like a ray of sunshine in the mid of a tornado. I felt like a shiny object in the midst of colorlessness... I felt more different than I have ever felt in my life, and, I have always been the different one. I felt sad, and, empty amongst these people, some of whom were very young; I felt depressed and it was sinking into me quickly... I longed to be away from here, I was sorry that I had ventured down this path. There was no reprieve, I was stuck here for what might seem an eternity, but, no, I cannot stand that thought. I pick up my pace, trying not to look hurried or worried, but, I have to get away from here. No one notices me. I am nothing more than a person from the other side. I am one of the others and therefore, require no acknowledgement. I am not used to this, however, from these people, I welcome it... Ah, finally, I have made it to the edge of this world. I have made it back to life. I have learned from Goth Hood, which is about a 5 mile stretch of walkway in a village in NYC, and, I have realized that I am, after all of my years of being different, really not so different, as I am definitely not lost to the confining mindlessness of self-professed doom...

No comments: