Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

A WORDLESS DAY?

I stared at the keyboard, seeking a miracle to spring forth,
It did not happen...
I looked at the screen, hoping that it would be filled with words,
Again, nothing...
I glanced around the room, thinking that maybe something would inspire me,
Still, Nada...
So, I sat, and, sat, transfixed by my inability to produce something,
I was lost...
I decided that I would call it a day, there was no use just sitting here,
There was no purpose....
And, as I began to log off, as I made an attempt to leave, something happened,
I was filled with ideas...
So, once again, I took my place in my big office chair, with my fingers touching the keys,
Waiting for them to pound...
The intended words which I had just thought of now, were gone,
I was perplexed...
Annoyed, I sought to just throw some sentences around,
To see what would come of it...
I found less than what I had started with,
Therefore, I could not begin, nor could I end...
Writers block is frustrating, it is like when the air is nasty,
You yet breathe it, but, it makes you feel sick...
It is compounded by knowing that it comes and goes,
And, there is nothing to be done about it...
So, off I go, to take a break, to let my disdain cool off,
That I may be mindless for a while...
I fall asleep, and, my dreams are filled with great story lines,
So, I get up, to write what I have seen...
The words flow smoothly now, and, I cannot seem to stop,
Next thing I know, the sun is high....
Being a writer takes you through some damnation's,
Before another inspired piece sits upon the screen,
Acclaiming your patience and your drive....

No comments: