Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

THE ANGEL

An angel sat on the Empire State Building in New York City, and, seemed to to hover - sit. His form was slightly visible, though not many were looking up so high... He was basically obscure.
He seemed to be watching, he seemed to be ready to spring to action.

I saw him, barely, but there he was... I was curious, and, so, from my office in the nearby skyscraper, I made myself as unnoticeable as possible and watched...

He was beautiful and massive. The clouds which went by passed right through him, though he did seem to have some substance. There was a glow arising from him which peaked every now and again. I was transfixed, wishing that I could share this with someone, but, I knew better than that, as people do not believe. They say they do, but, if someone shares a story about angels, others scoff...

So, I remained mesmerized by this rare sighting; just gazing and trying to guess what his purpose was. Which was silly on my part, there would be no human logic for what I was witnessing...

About a half an hour went by. I suddenly heard an explosion so loud, so strong that the skyscraper I was in rocked. It was massive. It was frightening. In my state of being startled, I lost the angel. I got up to look where he might have gone.

At that moment, I felt heat, intense heat. It was coming from behind my closed door. I panicked. I did not know what to do... I began screaming. No one could hear me, for all I knew there was no one else...

Then, I began praying. I got down on my knees and prayed, and, cried out to The Lord. I was begging for mercy, I was begging to be saved, I was repenting, and, I was praising....

The door to my office was now on fire. I looked around; there was no escape. It occurred to me to break the glass and jump. It was either die from intense fire, or, from a heart attack on the way down if I jumped. I was running out of time.

It occurred to me also that if I broke the glass out of the window, that I could create a back draft. Oh Lord, what shall I do?

I continued to pray. Then I noticed that I was getting weak. Strange! I was weak and very tired. I did not stop in my prayers. I was going to make sure my transgressions on Earth were heard and forgiven before my demise...

I am floating! I am floating down the fire encased building. I am without emotion or feeling; I am numb. But, I am aware of what is happening to me. I have no senses, just a vision of myself floating....

Suddenly I am on the sidewalk below the inferno. I am not dead; at least I don't think so. I am alright as far as I can tell.

Everyone is looking at me as if I were from another planet. There is amazement and fear from their expressions. I have no idea what is going on.

And then, I see him. The angel. He is yet hovering over me. In his eyes I can see the love of all which is Holy. I begin to cry. Tears of love and joy rush out of me. I am blessed.

No one will believe this story. That is alright. One day an angel will appear to you when you need him most, and, you too, will experience the manifestation of the love of all which is God's own design....

No comments: