Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

ON ANY DAY, LIFE CAN CHANGE (CONCLUSION)

Our ears were ringing. Just from the few clangs of the mighty bell. I was worried, but, knew we had no alternative. I could not imagine starving to death, and, was not going to do so easily.

We were beginning to feel the pressure of our situation. We were damp, thirsty, hungry, feeling rough and ragged, and, our only facilities for relieving ourselves had to be the water down the steps...

I opened my purse to see what I could find. I found some Vitamin C lozenges. I always carried these. They were, of course, damp, but, they would moisten our dry mouths for a while. They come in flavors such as lemon, grapefruit, and, orange. We were glad to have one in our mouths, although, it created a deeper hunger pang...

We rested for a bit. Then we heard a loud noise over our heads. It was a helicopter!
We were so excited that we almost fell down the stairs from jumping up so fast. Up to the screen we went, and, we saw the most beautiful sight ever. Men were being lowered onto the roof of the church. We were watching when suddenly a man hung upside down right in our faces. We were startled and laughed out loud. He asked us how we were doing. Our ears were yet ringing, and, we had a difficult time hearing him. We told him the reason, and, he yelled as loud as he could, which we could finally hear. We told him we were fine, and, much better now that we had seen the rescue team.

He asked how many were here. We told him that where we were there was just us two. We were trapped and did not know if others were below. He told us to relax, that they would have us out soon.

We sat down and praised God! We were so excited that we were smiling. We prayed and praised and then we heard the sounds of saws or something like that. We would be free from here soon.

They cut through the heavy steel screening with little effort. A rope was lowered and we were told to hold on tight. Hold on for dear life. We did not realize that we would have to be carried a ways in this manner. I am deathly afraid of heights as it is, but, nothing could deter the joy I was feeling. I told the Father to wrap his legs around me and I would do the same to him, I thought that it would give us more power with which to hold onto the rope.

It was so frightening, being whisked through the air. We saw that mass destruction had taken place, and, I cried. The Father O'Reilly teared up as well and prayed like never before.

We flew for maybe 3 miles. The water had not touched certain parts of the land, just the lower valleys and so forth. We were lowered gently, it seemed, but, as we hit the Earth, it was rather harsh. Still, we were on dry land, and, we were alive!

A rescue team was waiting for us. They checked our vital signs and said that we would be fine. Then they gave us water and some food. I felt as if I were in Heaven.

There was the process of gathering information and, then we were driven to a place for survivors. I loved everyone I saw. I wanted to hug and kiss everyone. Such was the state of my gratitude...

Finally I got to ask someone about my children who had been at camp up North. They told me that they would look into it... I was only nervous for the children. Everything else in life seemed remarkably beautiful. I was overwhelmed with compassion and full of joy which I spread throughout the rescue camp. Many people were rather taken aback with my joy, but, I did not mind. Life was worth living, giving, sharing, and, loving...

Within an hour I had an answer about the camp where my children had been. There was no damage up there and they were fine. I was told that they would be flown to me in the coming day.... I was ecstatic!

I will never forget to love God, the world, the Earth, or anything else. For on any day, life can change, therefore, you have to make the most of every moment while it is here...

No comments: