Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

ON ANY DAY, LIFE CAN CHANGE (PART SIX)

We listened, we could hear banging and loud noises. Our hopes were lifted. We sat and waited to be rescued. Then, all the noise was gone...

Left in our own thoughts, mine kept wondering what had happened below.

Again, we fell asleep. We each awakened at the same time. It was now daylight. There seemed to be no activity outside, still we both scanned as far as we could see, with our limited visibility.

I was so hungry, so thirsty, and, so down hearted. I could not hide my mood from the Father. He again reminded me that God was in charge, and, that what He deemed was what would be. I nodded my head, knowing this was truth, still, I was down. I missed my children and our life together.

I remembered that I had a candy bar or two in my purse. My purse had been through some damage throughout this ordeal, but, I did not care. I searched and found a Baby Ruth. The package was damp, but, hey, it was something to sustain us, and, the peanuts would provide some nutrients. I gave the Father half and we slowly and deliberately savored every bite.

My legs were sore from being so limited in use. I decided that we should do some sort of exercise, like walking around the bell on the small floor which surrounded it. The Father thought this was a good idea. We did this for a while, and, tried to feel more alive.

We sat back down and I began to ask the Father about his perception of God and His ways. He looked at me as if I were questioning him, but, I told him that I was interested in his ideals of the works of God. He told me that he saw God as the only entity in existence and that we were like workers of His will. I agreed with this, which spurred him on...

We discussed this for hours; it helped us to pass the time, and, it really made us feel better about our predicament.

We both stood up to scan the area for activity. We saw the hover boats again, and, we each made as much noise as we could muster. Then it occurred to me that we could ring the mighty bell. We both knew that that ringing of the bell would indeed alert anyone for miles around, but, we both understood that in doing so, we could damage our ears permanently. Of course, we knew that we had to do it, or be trapped up there indefinitely...

We began pulling on the rope; the bell started ringing. The resonating from the ringing bell quickly filled our ears and heads. It was not a good thing to experience. Still, it was necessary. We decided that we would do it a bit at a time, as that would be further indication that someone was up in the belfry...

Stay with me for more...

No comments: