Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

ON ANY DAY, LIFE CAN CHANGE (PART FIVE)

When I awoke, it was dark. I had dried some, but, you know when you fall asleep wet, you wake up with a chill. I was also nervous from the dreams I had, which were actually reality...

The Father seemed to be dozing off. I made sure not to disturb him, as, I am sure he was feeling the impact of the hours behind us.

He slowly raised his head and looked at me. He smiled and said, "It is going to be alright, you know that?" I nodded my head and believed him. I had great faith, and, believed that God was always in the midst of all things, and, that His divine wisdom would always prevail, regardless of our opinion of the outcome; He was in charge, always....

We sat in silence with our thoughts for a while. There was not much to say, and, certainly nothing to do. Just pray and wait.

We heard what sounded like a boat nearby. We peered out into the darkness and the waters below, and, sure enough, there were like 3 rescue type hover crafts. We yelled and yelled, but, the sound of the craft drowned out our voices, and, I was wondering why they would make the engines so loud if they were trying to rescue victims.

I remembered that I had a lighter in my purse, and, though it had gotten wet, it should or might yet work. I dug around in the bottom of my bag, and, found it. I flicked it and flicked it, nothing...

I tried to dry it with my top, but, the top was yet damp. I asked the Priest if I could try drying it on his smock, he of course, agreed. I took the dry fabric and rolled the wheel of the lighter back and forth a few times. Then, I flicked the lighter, presto! It worked.

I got as high in the screening as I could, via tip-toes. I held the lighter even higher, and, flicked, and, held the light up. I did this several times. No response.
I did it again, again, and, again...

We noticed that the engines of the hover craft seemed to be gone. We were disappointed, but, still encouraged by the fact that they had been out there. Perhaps many others had been rescued. We figured that they would try again in the daylight. This was our hope, which was founded by our faith...

I kept looking out into the mess we had called our lives, wondering what life would be like now. It did not matter, what was, was... I thought of my children, and, tears seeped from my eyes. I tried to keep this act a secret from the Priest as I did not want to speak of my children for fear that I would totally break down.

He sensed my pain and told me again that God provides for us. I knew he was right.

I sat down and we prayed some more. We were getting hungry and tired, and, so, decided that we should try to rest. We spread out as much as we could in the tiny space allowed up there in the belfry...

Sleep came easily, which I would have never guessed.

I was awakened by a loud and persistent sound coming from below. It sounded as if a bulldozer were tearing down the building. We listened and figured that someone was down there trying to get through the door. We began yelling and tapping on the wood, hoping that they could hear us. We were so excited...

More in my next post...

No comments: