Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

FAVORITE THINGS ENHANCE HAPPINESS THEY DO NOT CREATE HAPPINESS

Favorite things will live evermore in our beings. Very few of our favorite things fail to meet our standards or expectations throughout time. From the time we are small, until we are old and frail, our decided pleasures will remain with us...

If we could list each of our favorite things, we could surely fill many pages, think? I am sure that there are those who would not have many such pleasures to record, and, that is a shame. We should embrace and immortalize these wonderful treasures, be it in memory, or in actualization of them, such as paintings, objects, or even experiencing them time and time again in our lives...

The simple pleasures of life appeal to me the most. I love the color of the sky, the sunshine, the trees, the flowers, the animals, the birds, parks, the ocean, the shoreline, the great differences in the terrain from state to state, driving through the states, the sound of rain, storms, warm summer evenings, astronomy, meteorology, archaeology, reading, writing, music, dancing, candlelight, moonlight, the faces of children happily playing, walking, riding bikes, art, sculptures, photography, and many, many more things. These are the staples of my life; they are what reflect my happiness, they are what define me as an individual...

Each person has their own ideal of pleasure. Some find expensive diamonds, watches, cars, boats, houses, and such pleasurable, and, while I like some of these things myself, I could not count them amongst my treasured favorites, as they are not what I find important...

I love to watch people. I think that I might have been an artist in a past life, if there is such a possibility. I see something in each being I observe with the eyes of an artist; if I could paint, I would have a warehouse full of works detailing the interesting triggers of the people I observe in my life...

Being surrounded by favorite things makes life a bit easier to deal with, and, while that does not have to indicate materialism, if that is what makes someone happy, so be it; it is not another mans call to make whether or not materialism should be included in such...

Being happy is not easy. It begins within. We must learn to become happy. We should realize that happiness is something which cannot be bought, although it is possible to purchase objects which lend to happiness. Happiness is internal, and, yes, externals can contribute to happiness, but, it is not true happiness if it does not stem from within. This is why so many people who have obtained great materialism are not happy; they did not bring happiness from within, but, attempted to bring from without things which cannot begin to sink to the depths of true happiness....

No comments: