Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

ASSESSING THE NIGHT SKIES~~~

Did you ever lay all night long and watch the night sky in all of its splendor? It is so amazing and fascinating, relaxing and calming. I have viewed the sky in its starlight magnificence from the Nevada desert, from the Grand Teton mountains, from the beaches in Southern California and Florida, from the corn lined flatness of the mid-west, and, from the Northern lakes. Each time it is an experience to remember. And, in its vastness comes the conclusion of how little we actually know...

The last time I did this, I was on a boat. A Magnum. Laying there on the leather seats, the warmth of the summer still in them, a light humidity making it a perfect place to be, the water softly lapping up against the marina and the boats, music playing in the cabin; it was an awe inspiring experience and the night sky could not have been more glorious in cooperation. There were millions of stars, constellations, and even some gases, lighting the sky of blackness. Intense and perfect was this experience...

It occurred to me at this time how much we lack in actual knowledge. While I believe we are intelligent, I wondered if we just assume that as we are all we know? And, as I looked and looked, I could see no end to the mystical design of the universe above me, further perplexing my state of mind. There has to be more than we know, else why would there be so much existence, which as humans we are yet discovering after all of this time?!

Each day scientists and space engineers discover a new entity in the extreme and complex universe. Each day there are more and more mathematical estimations made to make the universe even larger than what we now perceive. Each day proves that something bigger than our minds can grasp is in effect, otherwise why would all of this be?

If we feel that we are complex, all we have to do is truly study all of that which constitutes life and that which consists of space. Can we believe that all of this was created for us? Can we believe that we, who only use one tenth of our brains are alone in the universe? If we are, then why is it so extremely vast and beyond comprehension in that vastness and its overall complexity?

I assure you I have not one answer for these questions, though I seek them, I am not able to conclude anything, for it is so beyond my human capacity. It should not cause me to wonder so, but, I like to know as much as I can. Theories are not an answer, though they do provide options for discovery, though I doubt that the mysteries of the universe could ever be revealed to mankind, and, here again, I have to ask why? It just doesn't make sense that it is there without reason, and, surely the reason cannot be that it is so simple that we miss out in over thinking it...

Anyway, it is a wonderful experience, one that should be taken in at least once a year and from as many vantage points in your lifetime as possible. The night sky holds magic, mystique, beauty, and humility, for you are sure to realize that in creation, while you are an imperative part to the whole, you part is so minuscule and so short lived that in a second you are history in comparison to the entirety of creation itself...

No comments: