Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

THE LONELIEST MAN IN THE WORLD...

An emptiness enveloped him, he was caught in a void of feeling, senses, or reaction. He went through the motions of his daily routine, though he felt nothing. He did not even think, not much at all, his mind was tired of trying to find a way to rectify the heaviness of the nothingness of his life...

He had been alone much of his life, he was not the kind of man whom women were attracted to, and his childhood quirks grew with him, he was viewed as weird by most people. It was sad to watch this man go through a life so lonely...

His parents had babied him, and, he lived with them until they were both gone. He inherited the house he grew up in, and most of his parents belongings were still where they had always been. He was so coddled that he did not know of life outside of this house, no one pushed him to seek a life outside of the boundaries of it, no one encouraged him to make friends, or to find love; it was as if this were his destiny, solitary and without love...

Recently he lost his job. He had been at the same place of work for almost 40 years and they told him they did not need him anymore. He was not advanced enough to look for another job, and, because of certain disabilities and age, he was not likely to find one anyway. And so now, he is even more excluded from life than before, his house is his only companion...

He is a very nice man, he is just strangely different; having grown up with old world folks and their ways, he is not tuned into modern times at all. He listens to and still watches Lawrence Welk, his favorite. He has a few hobbies, but, that is the extent of his ambition...

I know several people such as this and it breaks my heart. I have reached out to them, but, I do not spend enough time with them, though, I do my best to stay in touch, for if they only have one friend in the world, at least they have that. I feel guilty that I do not include them more in my life, but, with things the way they are, it is not fitting for them to be included, though, I really should, for I keep thinking how terrible it must be not to have anyone at all to turn to on any given day. Can you imagine a life like that???

I really don't know what I can do for such people besides be a friend. Often with such people they attach themselves to you and it can be disarming, for you know that you cannot possibly fill the void, though certainly, you can alleviate some of the loneliness. It is a tough situation for one to be in, on either side. I truly want to be there more, I just don't know what to do. I don't know how to give without giving too much. I don't want them to get used to having me around and then perhaps not, which would make the loneliness all the worst, you see what I mean here???

I do know this though, if someone is all alone in the world, it is not right. Neighbors, and other should reach out more. People should care enough that someone is this isolated, this far removed from society. Sometimes all it takes is for someone to encourage one to be a part of the world, though, when someone has been alone for so long, it would certainly be reasonable that it would be frightening to make the change. Still, people should reach out, care, and be more friendly. It doesn't take a lot of time to make someones day. It doesn't hurt to make someone feel that they too, are an important part of life. It should be natural to reach out to lonely souls. It should be easy, it should just be...

No comments: