Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

A MOTHER'S DAY REFLECTION~~~

Being a single Mom was a challenge, that is for sure, but, we managed just fine, most of the time...

A child has a way of inspiring you to find ways to make things as good as they can be, they bring out in you the adult, the problem solver, the manager, and all of the characteristics necessary to ensure that they are provided for, loved, and as happy as they can possibly be...

For a while there, it was touch and go. I was left by my ex with all the bills, no car, and no job. I had some great challenges before me, and, I was in a city where I knew no one, besides his family. I mean no one...

I got a part-time job, and with that little bit of money, I scrimped and managed to save enough to buy a junker (car). It was the pits, but, it ran good and was dependable. It just looked bad, worse than bad. I was so embarrassed driving it, but, we have to do what we have to do, eh?

I found two more part-time jobs and was working around the clock. For almost 2 years, the only time I saw my child is to pick her up from the babysitter and drop her off. In the meantime, I fixed that old junker up as good as I could, I bondo-ed the roof, and sanded it, painted it and worked on some of the dents and rust spots. It never looked good, but, much better than when I obtained it, and, like I said, it was dependable, thank GOD!!!

Anyway, I worked my rear off to make things good for my child and I. I finally found a great position at a good company, and, we began to live as we were accustomed. Of course, we still had our troubles, but, we had fun in those times too...

The best gift I ever got was on Father's Day, my child gave me a card which read, I never missed having a Father for you were both a Mother and a Father to me, and I love you for taking such good care of me. Isn't that what it is all about???

Children might seem as if they do not notice or appreciate what is going on around them, or what you do for them, but, believe me, they do, and when you least expect it, they will reward all of the hard work and sacrifice with some sentiment which will leave you blown away...

It is Mother's Day weekend, and I wish all of you Mother's a perfectly wonderful day, full of attention and appreciation. Remember, you are the center of the family unit, and it is your ability, your unconditional love, and your strength which keeps it together. Happy Mother's Day, I wish you the best of everything...

No comments: