Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

JOURNEY WITH THE UNKNOWN... PART 3

She told me to follow her to the back door. As we exited, I could see a vast garden, filled with herbs, plants, flowers, shrubs, and vegetables, fruit, fruit and nut trees, and much more. The last rays from the sun painted the background with streaks of orange, purple, yellow, and a murky blue; it was a breathtaking scene, and the fragrance from the various plant life filled my senses. I let out a deep sigh, feeling so at peace, so relaxed, so immersed with a supernatural essence from the beauty before me. She smiled and asked, "So, I take it you like my garden?" I shook my head affirmatively. She motioned me to sit; there was a large covered patio area with fine furniture, and glimmering lights. I sat and she lit some candles, then sat down. We, in total silence, watched the last of the day slip into the darkness of night....

The attendant from earlier brought out another tray. This one was loaded with fruit, cheese, vegetables, pasta, rice, and some sort of flatbread. Each dish had been prepared with great love, that was obvious. There was some sort of relish which was sweet and sour, which she told me was for the flatbread. We ate and talked a bit about her life, and when we had finished, the attendant brought out some sort of chocolate drink with some whipped mousse like dessert. I was quite full, very comfortable, and extremely pleased to be here. In fact, I wished that I could stay here, I liked everything about this strangely alluring home and its properties...

We sat back to let our dinner digest and listen to the night sounds, of which were increasing; crickets, toads, night birds, and other such sounds filled the silent air. The breeze gathered a bit, and the lovely garden began to look eerie and otherworldly. I shuddered and the lady asked me, "What is it?" I told her I did not know. At that very second, music wafted out onto the patio. It was like classical, jazzy, and almost Arabic sounding. It was tranquil and excellent. All of a sudden, she was up and dancing; she was a belly dancer from the way she moved. I watched for a few and then I joined her. We laughed and smiled, and she taught me some moves which came easily...

We danced for quite a while, and then I began to feel odd again. I felt slightly intoxicated, and asked her why. She said perhaps the combination of all of the days happenings, and what was to come of the night was taking over my senses. I did not fully trust her answer, but, sat down and took in some more of the chocolate drink, and absorbing the sound of the music....

No comments: