Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

ADDICTION TO CREATING...

It is nearing the midnight hour, and the flow begins. The flow of thoughts which inspire fingers to tap the strokes of the keyboard. Those thoughts which might, or might not, be useful, purposeful, or, welcomed by anyone else...

A restless spirit on an endless flight, my imagination comes to life at night, causing me to ponder, then to write, that which I feel, but, cannot verify by sight...

I need to finish the story 'Alabaster Lies', though, for right now, it is best if it lay dormant, for I anticipate something brewing in the context, which just hasn't surfaced yet, but, it will, of that I have no doubt...

A brainstorm for creative people, often includes confusion, as they cannot fully 'see' what is occurring, though, most of us merely go with it, as it leads us to discovery, even if the rough product might need lots of sensible alteration before it is ready. Composers, musicians, artists, writers, poets, and other creative minds are led to producing, usually without 'seeing' the whole of the effort, usually only sensing its importance, and thus, having a need, an urge, a drive to actualize what they do not know, but, are aware of. Does that make sense to anyone but me??? Hahahahaha...

These inspirations are my favorites, for even if I must pull myself out of bed at 4 a. m., and wearily put onto paper what is materializing, it is compelling, mysterious, and intriguing, plus, once it starts to take shape, it is exhilarating, and interesting to view its sort of natural flow to completion. Even this will need work to perfect, but, cannot be ignored, for you will lose the moment, the thought, and possibly an idea of great magnitude. Actually, if you do not respond to this curious awakening of the creative flow, you will lose rest, or sleep anyway, as it will keep infatuating your logical, conscious, and unconscious mind as you lay there...

If I could afford the time, I would write as many hours as my body, and mind would allow for. I love it that much. It is like a freeing of the 'real' me which no one has privy to, and which I cannot express any other way. It is like the seepage of the soul, the release of the emotions, and the thoroughway for the thoughts...

What causes this addiction to creating? Is it intrinsic? I believe it is. Some have developed the taste for it, others, such as myself, have tasted it from birth, and have given into the unrelenting calling from the depths of the being. It is as if there were nothing else as imperative to conclude before breath leaves us, it has to be done, for whatever it is worth, now, or even after...

There are consequences, obstacles, and other factors which come from having such an addiction, still, we are only interested in the final product, then, we can rest. Well, maybe not, though, once a masterpiece of some sort is visible, marketable, and recognized, there is something to show for all of the effort, which for some, is enough, and for others, creates more desire to do yet better. I think that I will relax a bit when it happens for me, then, I will most likely, attempt to produce something even better. After all, this is what I am, and what I do, for better, or for worse...

No comments: