Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

SEX SELLS

It was recently brought to my attention that after conducting a search for the most sought after information on the net, that SEX was the top contender with 6,305,471 searches (in a month)! WOW! Health came in at 841,217! Ha! Interesting and sad... It is one thing to be into sex, it is another thing that the mass is into exploitation and sales of sex. The amazing thing is that so many of these people that are profiting from sex on the net are the same ones that will have a fit if someone gets raped, or worse, because of a predator on the net! They are basically feeding the wolf! I am not a prude! I have been around the block so many times that I have a block named after me.... I am merely stating that it doesn't balance... There are millions of kids and young adults being victimized by predators, and, yet, here they are, displaying themselves, getting down and dirty, and exploiting their virtues on a media that reaches the entire world: and we wonder why so many are victimized? Kind of a two-faced predicament, yes? I realize that there is nothing that can be done about it, especially given the numbers, but, can someone tell me why this is happening? Are our hormones so out of control that we have the need to be blatantly competitive in view of the world with our sexuality? Are we so money hungry that we are willing to solicit a stranger that might be the danger of hell? I could write volumes about the life I once led, and, they would sell, of that I have no doubt, but, I refuse to exploit myself for the sake of ratings or profit. I wish that some of those out there who sell themselves to the stranger with no face, the stranger within distaste, the stranger who lays to waste, would wake up,and realize that whatever you do today is the basis for all tomorrows... I know that there are those of you who will read this and say, "Blah, blah, blah!" And, that is fine, however, as someone who has been victimized more than once, be careful what you are striving for; you never know who is who... Be careful, be safe and think about it...

No comments: