Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

ONE STARRY NIGHT AND A PREMONITION

I was just dozing off to sleep and had a premonition. Wasn't sure of what the premonition was or was about, still, I had to get up and try to calm myself.
I went into the bathroom, and, read for a while.
Just as I was leaving the bathroom, I heard the window in the dining room being lifted. I panicked, but, did not hesitate to hurry to the other side of the bed and get behind the long flowing drapes.
My child was in the bed, sleeping soundly.
I peeked out to see that a very large man was entering the room. I did not know what to do as I began screaming.
It was dark and he probably saw the body shape in the bed, thinking, that perhaps it was a man, and, he ran to the front door~ The door had 3 or 4 locks on them, I was close behind him, screaming, screaming, and screaming.
He fumbled around with the locks, never looking at me or behind me. Finally, he got the door open, while I chased him out into the courtyard, all the while screaming as he made his exit. Down the street he ran, soon, he was gone.
I stood there, thinking that some of my neighbors would have heard my high pitched screams, and, would come to see if all was well.
Nothing. I stood there for quite a while, trembling and shaking and perplexed. No one....
My child came to see what was going on, so, I whisked her inside and locked the door.
What I couldn't figure out was, my purse was right there where the man had entered, and, there was some decent change in there. About $500. He obviously wasn't there for the money.
Needless to say, I did not sleep that night.
Morning comes, and I step out and see some of my neighbors. I ask them if they heard me screaming; none of them did, or would admit that they did. I told them what had happened and they were sorry, but, hey, I could have raped or worse... Sorry did not cut it.
I had just moved into this condo that day of the entry. I was not so sure that I liked my new neighbors.
I loved the condo, it was on the Pacific Ocean, just footsteps away from the white sandy beach, with its seasonably warm water. It was paradise, and it was beautiful...
I, of course, got over my annoyed attitude with my neighbors. I ended up making some really good friends. I also got over my fear of that night.
What I never figured out was what the man was after, and, why he went to all the trouble of unlocking numerous locks on the front door, when he could have more easily slipped through the window in which he came...
I also never got over being aware of my premonitions, even if a few of them never came to pass, the ones that did, saved me in amazing ways....

1 comment:

Karen Putz said...

Oh my goodness, how scary!!!