Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

THE WRITTEN WORD

The written word...
The word, unheard,
Came from the mind,
Somehow, self inclined...
The pages of worded glory,
Hoping to tell their story,
Wishing to be read,
Hoping to stick in someones head...
Sometimes the passages get overdone,
As the words together run,
In which case it is time to quit,
Before the message does get split...
Ah, the written word, which comes of the mind,
Leaving all practical reasoning behind,
As it weaves itself into something substantial, something real,
It is amazing how mere words can cause us to feel...
We sense the intent through the basis of a word,
Which initially is unseen and unheard....

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love your poem! I think I'll add it to my top five links on Saturday! (Well, maybe Sunday because I will be gone).

Lynda said...

Thank you for your encouragement and kind words... you are so kind...