Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

IN THE STILLNESS~~~

Stillness; that is all which surrounded me, nothing more, just stillness. It was so powerful that it was almost eerie, yet, it encompassed me so that I could not move. I was transfixed by the peculiarity of it, I was mesmerized by the intensity of it. I was lost in stillness...

It is not often that we are in the state of stillness. There is always some sort of activity to be experienced by the senses, we either hear something, feel something, taste something, smell something, or see something. Well, for sure I could see that which was around me, but, that too was muted in the stillness...

I found it relaxing, still, it was troubling, for when do we ever fully experience stillness? It is like that calm before the storm, and, my imagination was overworking trying to find logical explanations for the weight of the total stillness around me...

I wondered if I had taken leave of my sanity, for was it truly possible for moments of time to be void of sound, smell, touch, taste? It seems so improbable, yet, here I was experiencing what is not possible...

I was so wrapped up in the analytical process of determination that I could not enjoy the stillness, it was claustrophobic, for fear had seeped into my mind and then, my emotions. Yes, I was so lost in the stubborn human condition that the stillness had stolen pleasure of the moment from me...

I was scaring myself. There was no point to what I was experiencing, none at all. Still trying to find balance, I was explosively brought back to reality by someone slamming a car door, very close, too close to me. I jumped so hard that I found myself laughing at my reaction, and thus, the stillness had ended and all of my senses once again were in full control...

No comments: