Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

ON THE FIRST DAY OF 2008~~~

We got about 6 inches of snow last night, the Northern suburbs got about 12, it is really beautiful right now, with the massive pines carrying the weight of the wet, and heavy snow...

I made a snowman today; the first I have made in years and years. He is a cool looking dude, like he ought to have a saxophone or something. It was great fun, and, the snow packed like magic. I used vegetables to create his face; radish slices for his eyes, a baby carrot for his nose, and, a yellow pepper slice as his smile. He has a cool looking hat, his arms are Swiffer duster handles. He is not very big as I made him on the balcony, but, I could have made him bigger; there is that much snow up here...

After that I went for a walk. It is beautiful outside. The trees are laden with a white blanket which is not providing warmth, instead a picturesque effect, perfect for winter wonderland postcards and such. I got quite cold, but, it was refreshing, and, fun, as I made snowballs and tried to hit targets, the only target I hit was the first one...

I have an eye of round roast, perfectly lean, roasting in the oven, the scent filling my home with warm deliciousness. I am sipping a lean hot chocolate, and, am very happy with this first day of the New Year. This is what it is all about, being able to enjoy that which is around you and available to you; being grateful for that which is, and, embracing that which fills the soul with a feeling unto euphoria, and, the mind with thoughts which create the happiest kind of memories...

These are the moments of our lives, they are to be savored like a favorite beverage or taste. If the simple things in life do not matter, why do they bring so much pleasure? If the simple things are not priceless, then why haven't they been sold?

Yes indeed, the first day of 2008 has been a wonderful and inspiring one. I look forward to many more days of such in the coming year. I have such great feelings about this year, for the world and for myself. It is like this is truly a new beginning for some reason, let us pray that my hunch is correct...

I hope that your first day of 2008 brought you pleasure and happiness as well, and, that the coming year is one of events which are meaningful, amazing, and, memorable...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I really envy you. Since born till now, I never get to play with snow, let alone making a snowman or throwing a snow.
Well, this year I hope to make money from IM and then I can travel around the world. :D

Lynda said...

As happy as I was about that day, I would gladly trade places with you, I think... I too, came here from a beach enviroment and while the first heavy snow is beautiful in many ways, after a day or two it is tiresome, dirty, and, cold...
Good luck to you with your IM endeavors, I too am working on such, and, maybe we will cross paths on our travels of the world??? Ha! Have a beautiful day, a prosperous and blessed New Year, and, thanks for the visit... Take care now...